Monday, March 30, 2009

A Spring Break Hangover

It seems to be a good time to do some flagellation/understanding as a means of redemption, especially when one takes into account the fact that spring break is now over even though I personally did not do anything near regretful.

In an effort to make this more interesting (or more annoying, depending on one’s preference) I will be writing this following a minimalist pattern, it is up to you, the reader, to take these sentences however you would like…

I am a God-fearing atheist.

I hate being wrong.

Blood is thicker than water.

I still can’t believe it’s not butter.

Happiness is overrated but in a few years the pharmaceutical industry will have a pill to solve that as well.

I am a resentful son.

Rodents and reptiles creep me out.

I am an idealist.

I wish my band had more of a drive to succeed, myself included.

Nobody speaks for me.

I am a huge nerd.

My room is perpetually messy, even when it is in the middle of being cleaned.

Drinking is a habit that is too affordable.

I enjoy reading.

My ability to play guitar and my years of playing guitar are not correlated in the way they should be.

I am nobody’s fool but my own.

Music will never be as good as it used to be and it is constantly getting better.

I always lie.

I am me.

I hope what you just read was as fun, interesting, and thought provoking for you as it was for me. Many were contradictions and conundrums within themselves and I hope you enjoy breaking them down.

No comments:

Post a Comment